Covid 19 2020

My Story , during this Pandemic


Around Dec 29th, 2020

Sometime after Christmas close to January a few of my friends got very ill from a flu virus.
This flu was really bad, bed ridden for almost three weeks, for a few of my friends.

Around Jan 4th or 5th, 2020

After New Year’s, my group of friends got together for a re-joining of the holidays.
Shortly after, one couple got the flu.

Feb 15, 2020

I visited my dear client at a nursing home and brought him a valentine’s gift- he was there getting better after cancer treatments and had pneumonia, The attendant on site requested I wear a gown and mask. My client was there, just shy of one month.

Feb 242020

I felt very dizzy at work, I told my boss I think I had to go to the clinic, after taking one day off from really bad chills and a headache.

I went to the clinic, in the room, I had some strange behaviors. I told the prep nurse I just needed to lie down, and proceeded to lie down, and while waiting I passed out a short while. The prep nurse came back in now, with a mask on and said, before you see the doctor, I’m going to ask you to put this mask on and I need to take a swab from your nose. I figured it was like any other swab, just in the nostril.

As he got close to my face, he said I have to push this back quite far and it may be a bit uncomfortable. As he was doing it, I grabbed his forearm because it was the most painful thing ever, and said “please stop “He said, I can’t help you if we don’t take this test, You need to cooperate.

He took my temperature and said, do you think you might have someone to pick you up? Your temperature is 103- I said no I’m fine, I actually didn’t even remember what he said, until the last visit I had with the last doctor, who read, what my chart said this day. I did not remember driving home, only that my parking job was completely off.

Doctor came in with a mask, and said, “at this time our test can’t be conclusive, but it looks like a bad case of influenza A, are you short of breath? “ I said no.

She then said, “I am going to order Tamiflu and I want you to stay home for 14 days, do not leave the house and call every few days for a check in, we will access you over the phone.”

Well, I thought this was incredibly odd, I mean it’s a flu, right? call over the phone, 14 days off???

I went home, I could not get out of bed for three days, major fever and weak, I was taking Advil for headache, barely eating.
I felt it best to call- as I was feeling really unwell, I felt I needed to go to the ER.

My doctor told me to immediately switch to Tylenol, and a lot of liquid. On the fourth day I was strong enough to make a turmeric, ginger lemon chicken soup, I forced myself to eat a massive pot of it.

Feb 29, 2020

I had a wave of abdominal cramps, I ran to the bathroom and that is where I stayed for most of the next three days, I thought my asshole would turn inside out and my sinuses started to inflame, and I could not breath, I could not see- my eyes were red.  I called the doctor.

The doctor said it sounded like a reaction to the Tamiflu and she was sending over a different medication, and to not leave the house and if possible, have my husband sleep in another room.

Well I was so sick that happened anyway, I was coughing so bad and irritable I yelled for him to get out, at this point I thought I might die, or shit the bed.

after a few days on the new med I started to feel better, however I had this horrible dry cough.
to the point of an attack, on my chest lungs, everything. Other than the cough I felt fit to work.

I called the doctor and she said it was time to come in, I saw a different doctor as mine was not available and this lady said, the cough on a flu stays awhile. She read my file, heard a few things…temperature 103, been home 14 days…

She said unfortunately I cannot allow you to go back to work or leave your house for another week. I will sign a letter for clearance in one week’s time. 

I rested that week, when I was to go back my boss asked me to wear a mask to work , as the new discussion of covid-19 was starting to take effect on the news and everywhere else, and she wanted to protect our senior staff. Back to work March 7, 2020. We all had no idea that our lives would be changed forever, that our programs would be shut down for the year-that our entire world would become different.

I knew very little of Covid-19, however I was starting to get a little worried about it. I was watching hoarding going on the local news, I started to seriously worry about my mother in a over populated area and my youngest son. We had no food in the house, because we were scheduled to be in India a month. I received the email that India was closed and soon boarders were going to be closing. Our own Govern assured us that we really only needed to shop for the month. 

We had to think of a plan and fast. I had monthly bills that I paid on my own, and so did my husband, and our new mortgage payment.
We went and got all our food in one day- one months worth, with extra items that a third person living in our home could eat.

We sent any packages that needed to go, I went and hugged my one son. Then we went and got my mom and her little dog.

We then got a line of credit at a 1% interest rate and put everything on it- no monthly bills would be coming out- just one payment. I set up Life insurance for my side of the family. we applied for emergency small business loan for my company that was running very part time, I applied for unemployment insurance. It was a scary waiting game now.

March 23, 2020

one week after coming back to work, I was told they were shutting down and there was nothing from home I could do and therefore I should apply for EI, I told my boss I had and we had some systems in place.

I left my job on March 23rd, 2020.

My client I had seen at the nursing home, went home and after being home two weeks was told that several people in the nursing home had contracted Covid 19, and that he needed to be tested, and then I was informed. They assured me that if I had the virus, it had now passed. I was terrified and in my gut, I thought…”I fucking had it, I know it”

8 weeks later my client was a negative, however he may have had it and it passed, there is no way to tell, we will never know. My client is well and I am well and I am thankful for that.

The history of dates, and purpose of this story is to show that I may, or may not have, been a person who healed from Covid-19, however the depth of how quickly this or the influenza A ,spreads, is very scary. We can have no knowledge of how it can be contracted officially, except for what the media and medical professionals tell us. 

Were the tests that they did on me faulty at the time? We heard they were, and a new shipment was arriving. Was I simply not tested for the actual Corona virus? I apparently at the time did not qualify in the age category, health category, One, will never know. I do know that the cough is gone, and I do everything in my power to look after myself now, I rest when I need rest, I do things slowly. I shut off the noise and put on music or go in my garden. I know that I never want to feel that sick again-ever.

Some days, I am so depressed and have zero motivation. I always wanted to be working from home and for some reason it just is not the same.

it has been two months since I have worked, I stay at home and I don’t even think about leaving the house without gloves a mask or my sanitation spray. My husband is essential staff and I worry everyday filled with anxiety.

We have known three people now who have died of corona virus.
I hope my story has shed some light on the depth of how fast and devastating this virus is.

Covid -19, has infected age groups ranging from age 20 to 80, and animals, a few cases of children. It basically means, anyone can catch this thing, you do not have super power, only one person should be doing the shopping and no one can visit.

Some countries and cities do not have the death poll as large as some, this only means that that place has not hit a peak or a slope. Depending on where you are in the world and the protocols in place, your place may have been more effective- maybe not.

You are the person who can save lives, not anyone else, - you as an individual need to take precautions.

As a past Biohazard technician- I can tell you this, over protecting is never a wrong thing.
My mother was in an overpopulated area, with nothing in place- we quarantined her for six weeks, moved her completely and her dog. When we heard her building was shut down to the public with security, we sent her home with masks, a N95, sanitizer and a box of gloves- we made sure she had enough food.

After returning my mother home she was told if she leaves her house prior to 14 days, she could receive a fine of one million dollar fine and that a RCMP may stop by to see if she is following protocol. My mother’s address and information were taken.

As her building lies secure, a community building for the homeless beside her building, does not- A line up, down the block of homeless people, not social distancing, no masks...
My mother can’t take her dog out, so there is a service that picks her dog up two times a day and that’s it- to go to the bathroom.

Not only do you as an individual need to do your part, the community does as well, and if they are not- you need to take a stand and unite.

I do feel that there is opportunity in all of this, to clean up finance- to maybe indulge in education online, to get fit at home, to plant reliable food source for your own family. Many things can be corrected now, declutter, home Renos- things people never have time for.
Be grateful you have this time. 

I am trying to do all of the above, my anxiety that I never thought I had is here, the last week I was on media a lot. Today it will be off. 

Thank you for listening to my story. I hope you are all safe and well.
Blessings
GVixen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEEP YOUR HELMET ON

Escapades Of SingleHood

Your Life, How would It look like, If you could Choose?