Im 57, Never Kissed A Girl













It all happened during the time of 74’
from maximum security, strait jackets and abuse.

Pictures lined up across the front page,
lawyers stated it’s such a shame, no settlement will be
claimed...
horror stories stay in the mute, its ok no, one will get a suit.


The wards told us we had, nothing to fear, in an isolated room, just stay here,
the last thing they'd wanna do is hang around there...
They mostly come in long while gowns,
But one of the dozen was a hometown shame,
all you could hear was the keys on his chain..


I remember the Same pattern on the table, same clock on the wall
Freezing slow time away from the world
I’m 57 years old, never kissed a girl
I’m 57 and my name is Fred, and I ani't ever kissed a girl

We were sitting round table, heard the telephone ring
Heard the tap on the window in the middle of the night
Held back the curtains for fear of fright


See my friends got raped, some men got killed
some went to prison, I sure wish that man's buried on the hill

Folks went back to normal when they closed the case
They still stare at their shoes when they pass our old place
They all say it’s haunted. Really that’s not the case,
Our souls are there, do you remember my face?


My mother cried "The horror has finally ceased"
Dad whispered "yeah, for the time being, at least"
Over his shoulder, from the social worker I heard
"Let's go, son, we're taking you home"


Same pattern on the table, same clock on the wall
Been in that one seat for over 18 years in all
Freezing slow time away from the world
I’m 57 years old, never kissed a girl
I’m 57, and my name is Fred and I’ve never kissed a girl

My eyes are old, and I don’t talk much..l really like all the new trucks
Hide all my things in my room, but sometimes I have dreams…
My memory is muddy, Ive been told what's wrong, what’s going on ?

I aint got no picture postcards, got no souvenirs..
But now I got my hands in a river, my feet back on the ground.
I look up to the lord above and say
Hey man thanks! This old memory is sinking-

This is a fictionist story based on a true one..
Woodlands
Lyrics by Tragically Hip and myself.
Just refecting after reading...
GVixen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KEEP YOUR HELMET ON

Escapades Of SingleHood

Your Life, How would It look like, If you could Choose?